Journalists who have not applied for accreditation by the deadline (12.00 on 19 June 2013) and who do not have a 6-month badge may apply on-line for last-minute accreditation.
Please read the accreditation instructions carefully and remember to bring all the necessary documents for collection of your accreditation badge.
When registering on our site, please be very careful when entering your details to avoid complications. Even simple errors (e.g. reversal of first name and surname) may result in a failed security check and hence a refusal to issue a badge for the summit. Please also check, if renewing your accreditation, that your address, identity document number and validity date are still valid.
For security reasons, last-minute accreditation requests will be subject to comprehensive verification by the Belgian authorities; the Security Office of the General Secretariat may also check the bona fide character of applicants with their editors-in-chief/producers. These checks may cause long delays; you are therefore advised to arrive at the accreditation office well in advance.
In particular, if this is your first application, you will be asked during your registration process to send an email to email@example.com indicating your name, surname and date of birth, and including a scanned copy of your press card or a letter from your editor confirming that you are covering the event.
● Collection of badges
Accreditation badges must be collected in person from the
LEX building, rue de la Loi 145, B-1048 Brussels
Tel. +32 (0)2 281 38 09 / +32 (0)2 281 38 10, Fax +32 (0)2 281 44 99
|● Tuesday 25 June
||from 9.30 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 17.00
|● Wednesday 26 June
||from 9.30 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 19.00
|● Thursday 27 June
||from 8.30 - 20.00
|● Friday 28 June
||from 8.00 - to the end of the final press conference
NB.: The accreditation desk will close at 22.00 on Friday 28 June even if the meeting continues beyond this time.
● To collect your identification badge, you will be asked to present the following documents:
► A. Journalists and technicians already accredited with the European Institutions:
1) interinstitutional press card delivered by the Commission (yellow card) and
2) your valid passport (or if you are a national of a Member State of the European Union, an EFTA country or an EEA country, your valid national identity card) and
3) for media representatives of Belgian nationality or registered as resident in Belgium: the original copy of your application for security clearance signed by yourself.
4) Security clearance applications submitted as of 1 January 2013 are valid until the end of June 2013.
► B. Other cases
● your valid passport (or if you are a national of a Member State of the European Union, an EFTA country or an EEA country, your valid national identity card) and
● your valid press card (or if you are a media representative from a country which does not issue press cards, the ORIGINAL of a letter (faxes will not be accepted), signed by the editor-in-chief of your media organisation, specifying your professional status.
This letter must be dated no more than 7 days before the start of the meeting and must include the following:
2. Name of the media organisation and its contact details
3. Name of the editor-in-chief and his/her contact details
4. Name of the media representative in question
5. Reference to the identity document (passport, identity card, etc.) that will be presented for accreditation, its number and its period of validity.
Assignment letters which do not contain all the above details and which are not originals will be refused (download specimen letter). The Secretariat reserves the right to verify the professional status of the person applying for accreditation and
● for media representatives of Belgian nationality or registered as resident in Belgium: the original copy of your application for security clearance signed by yourself (see point A. 3 and 4 above).
If you require further information or assistance with accreditation, please contact the Council's Press Office at:
+32 (0)2 281 90 00
+32 (0)2 281 80 26
+32 (0)2 281 85 41