Journalists holding a 6-month badge do not need to register
(6-month badges not collected in July/October will be available
at the accreditation office in LEX building from 17 December).
Registration for the 6-month badge for the first semester 2014
(for journalists resident in Belgium only)
is open until 11 December 2013 at 12.00.
Application deadline: 11 December 2013, 12.00
► FIRST STAGE : REGISTRATION (online only)
Complete the accreditation form
by 11 December 2013, 12.00 - APPLICATION DEADLINE
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by email
By registering before the deadline, you will avoid
additional formalities and procedures
N.B.: Trainees with media organisations who do not possess a press card are not entitled to request accreditation.
Please take note of the instructions below before applying for accreditation.
1) If you have registered for previous European Council meetings in Brussels:
Introduce your email address and password and complete the procedure by following instructions on the screen
2) If this is your first registration:
Before starting, you will require:
- a recent ID-size photograph in JPEG (.jpg) format
- the numbers of your passport or ID card and of your press card.
Click on the button "Registration" and follow the instructions given.
When registering online, please be very careful when entering your details. Even simple errors (e.g. reversal of first name and surname) may result in a failed security check and hence a refusal for technical reasons to issue a badge.
All identity documents mentioned on the on-line accreditation form must be valid on the day of the European Council.
► SECOND STAGE: SECURITY CLEARANCE (online only)
(for the attention of media representatives of Belgian nationality or resident in Belgium)
• If you were already registered
Security clearance applications submitted as of 1 July 2013 are valid until the end of December 2013.
• If this is your first registration
In order to obtain accreditation for this event, it is necessary to complete and sign a security clearance application.
You must therefore print out the "security clearance" document during registration and present the signed original version when collecting your badge.
This security clearance application is required to comply with the Royal Decree of 3 June 2005 on security clearances and the Law of 11 December 1998 (Article 16) providing that the consent of the person seeking security clearance is required before the security investigation can be carried out.
► THIRD STAGE: COLLECTION OF BADGES
Accreditation badges must be collected in person from the
LEX building, rue de la Loi 145, B-1048 Brussels
|● Tuesday 17 December
|from 9.30 - 13.30 and 14.00 - 17.00
|● Wednesday 18 December
||from 9.30 - 13.30 and 14.00 - 19.00
|● Thursday 19 December
||from 8.30 - 20.00 (to be confirmed)
|● Friday 20 December
||from 8.00 - to the end of the final press conference
N.B.: The accreditation desk will close at 22.00 on Friday 20 December even if the meeting continues beyond this time
● When you collect your identification badge, you must present the following documents:
1) your valid passport (or if you are a national of a Member State of the European Union, an EFTA country or an EEA country, your valid national identity card);
2) your valid press card (or if you are a media representative from a country which does not issue press cards, the ORIGINAL of a letter (faxes will not be accepted) signed by the editor‑in‑chief of your media organisation, specifying your professional status);
3) for media representatives of Belgian nationality or registered as resident in Belgium only: the original signed copy of your application for security clearanc (please print this ONLINE document as you will have to produce the signed original when you come to collect your badge).
No accreditation badge will be issued if you cannot produce all of these documents.
►GROUP COLLECTION OF BADGES
Applications for a group collection of badges can ONLY BE MADE ONLINE
Application deadline: 11 December 2013, 12.00
The person collecting badges for a media organisation must register and follow the instructions on the website. He or she must present the email addresses and passwords of the journalists registered for the event and for whom he or she wishes to collect a badge.
The person collecting the badges must present
- the ORIGINAL of a letter (faxes will not be accepted) indicating authorisation by his/her media organisation to collect those badges,
- for participants of Belgian nationality or resident in Belgium, the original of the security clearance applications signed by each person.
Note: To use the group collection procedure it is essential to ensure that all the persons on the list are correctly registered.
For any additional information, please contact the Press Office of the General Secretariat of the Council:
Tel. +32 (0)2 281 90 00, email firstname.lastname@example.org